IRS and State Tax Controversy
Representing clients before tax authorities to resolve disputes has become the mainstay of our successful firm. While serving thousands of clients for over three decades, we have developed essential working relationships with representatives from the IRS and state tax department who have the authority to make decisions and ultimately settle cases for our clients. Whether a case involves an outstanding tax liability, an audit, unfair penalties, liens or other tax challenges, our highly experienced staff will launch an aggressive campaign to settle the case in the most successful manner.
Our services in this area include:
- Resolving IRS tax liabilities
- Negotiating an Offer in Compromise to resolve an outstanding tax debt
- Negotiating with authorities to remove or reduce penalties, levies and liens
- Representation during IRS Audits
- Helping clients maintain compliance with Foreign Bank Reporting (FBAR) laws and regulations.
- Resolving independent contractor issues
- Settling Department of Labor audits
- Addressing Business Formation and classification issues
- Preparing and filing Federal and State Tax Returns